Saturday, June 4, 2011

Weekender vol. 014


Theater time with our un-dynamic duo! Looks like Frugal Spaceman's lack of spending has left him in lousy shape when it comes to movie etiquette! Way to talk through the second act chump!

----------

Alright! man another week gone by! I feel a sever lack of advancement in my artwork due to side projects and some pretty mindless work. Hopefully I can pick up some personal projects and get my chops sharpened up soon!

Okay so I saw X-Men: First Class and man alive was that ever a home run of a movie. The period, the action, the effects, the casting, everything was awesome. I'm hearing the ticket sales aren't doing so hot which is crap because that always happens on good movies but I'd like to blame the last X-Atrocities for this lack of box-office. The movie was really good and probably one of my favorites of the year, so go see it if you want to see some marvel redemption and the most bad-ass Magneto ever.

I'll be seeing you guys next week! And thanks so much for dropping by the daily highfive!

-jouste the drawbarian  

3 comments:

  1. Oh man: I've gotta put in my two cents about that movie. I loved Magneto (my only beef with him was that his accent sort of moved around a little, but I am willing to forgive him even that because he was so cool), and for the most part I really enjoyed a lot of the other characters, but it fell a little flat for me.
    I dunno. I don't want to start a flame war, but some of the dialog and what looked like maybe poor directing got to me. I hold the first Iron Man to be one of the best superhero movies that I've ever seen, for a couple of reasons, but mostly because the dialog was spot on, and Robert Downey Jr.'s did really well with it. The actors sometimes felt awkward, like they didn't know how they were supposed to be acting on screen, rather than awkward because they were mutants learning to cope with their mutations. I could go on and on, but for all that I did like it a lot. The scene where they recruit Angel? Hilarious. The Wolverine shout-out? Maybe a little forced, but doubly hilarious. The references to Prof. X's oncoming baldness? Fabulous. That wonderful bromance? Too good. But overall I was just a little disappointed.


    Also (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS) Darwin dies? Without even getting to be a bad ass except for like two seconds? Aw, man. He wasn't even supposed to exist back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no flame war will ever be started pal.

    I agree that Iron Man was probably a more superior movie but really they just had to focus on one guy and make him awesome, in X-Men they had to make a bunch of characters awesome and I think they did alright with it. Plus the last few X-movies have been really dumb so this had those strikes against it while Iron Man got to start fresh.

    And I kind of liked the cast in First class because I've really never seen them before in much, a pretty bold move while Iron Man was loaded with star power.

    Anyways you have some really good points though and I want to thank you a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it stayed true to the series the only thing I didn't really care for was the girl that could fly( the spitting thing was a little lame) and the red head kid that played banshee. But otherwise I liked the movie it entertained me :D

    ReplyDelete