Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekender vol. 013

Swinging into action on extension cords, it's the thirteenth weekender!

----------

Another busy busy week. Between work and side projects I've barely had any time to actually sit down and enjoy drawing. There was a great post from Monster Brains that showed a bunch of old VHS monster movie covers. It really made me feel nostalgic, I always saw these Horror VHS covers growing up and began making up how the movies would be inside my head. I found out quickly that a very cool cover can become a very disappointing movie.

But I still find so much potential in the damn things, I remember going through tons of video rental places in the used bin and finding solid gold in the form of monstrous covers. I would always make up what would happen in the movie in my head to save myself the disappointment of watching another bomb, it was really inspiring stuff and probably a good exercise.

So everyone have an awesome week! and lets get some more highfives done up!

-jouste the drawbarian

No comments:

Post a Comment